The September issue of Tabletalk considers the many ways that Satan attempts to tear down the church, and presents these attempts creatively in the form of a training manual for demons. The Apostle Peter tells us that Satan prowls about like a lion, searching for those whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). Christians need to be aware of his schemes if they are to recognize his work and stand against him. This issue exposes several of the most common ways that Satan tries to destroy the church, presenting these schemes in the form of a training manual that Satan might hand out to demons who have joined his rebellion. Each article is written as if it is a section of this training manual.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month's issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- The Snare of the Devil by Burk Parsons
- How to Use This Manual by Tabletalk Editors
- Erode Evangelism and Missions by Kevin D. Gardner
- Cultivate Cowardice and Worldliness by Grant R. Castleberry
- Subvert the Sacraments by Keith A. Mathison
- Wreck the Word of God by Steven J. Lawson
- Wear Down Worship by Chris Larson
- Push against Personal Piety by Thomas Brewer
- Demonize Church Discipline by Burk Parsons
- Make Marriage Miserable by Eric Bancroft
- And More
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.