The November issue of Tabletalk considers gratitude and ingratitude in the Christian life. Our great God has blessed all people beyond measure, for as sinners none of us deserve anything more than the wrath of our Creator, and yet the Lord continues to do good to all people. As Christians, we have reason to be even more grateful than others, for in addition to the good gifts that come to us through creation and providence, we have also received eternal life from God through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. However, we often fall short in showing gratitude, and we even find it difficult at times to understand what true gratefulness looks like. This issue of Tabletalk explores the place of gratitude in the Christian life and offers practical guidance for avoiding ingratitude and for expressing thankfulness in multiple spheres.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month's issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- Gratefulness and Entitlement by Burk Parsons
- True Gratefulness by David Murray
- Ungratefulness as the Root of Sin by William B. Barcley
- Gratefulness and God’s Sovereign Goodness by Eric J. Alexander
- Covetousness and Gratitude by Robert M. Godfrey
- Gratefulness and Ambition by Paul Levy
- How Gratefulness Shapes Our Service by Steffen Mueller
- Helping Our Children Grow in Gratefulness by Melissa Kruger
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.