The July issue of Tabletalk provides an overview of the Bible’s teaching on the household. Around the world and in every culture, the household has served as the basic foundation of human society. Healthy households are essential to a healthy culture, and unhealthy households create all sorts of societal problems, as even secular research has recognized. To have healthy and right-functioning households, however, we must understand the purpose of the household, God’s rules for the household, and the final realization of God’s perfect household in glory. This issue considers Scripture’s teaching on the household and provide guidance for helping believers structure their households in a manner that glorifies the Lord.
- The Tradition of the Household by Burk Parsons
- The Creation of the Household by Michael G. McKelvey
- The Function of the Household by Tedd Tripp
- The Fifth Commandment and the Household by Iain Duguid
- Children in the Household by Robert W. Carver
- They Call Her Blessed by Mary Beeke
- Men in the Household by Scotty Anderson
- Providing for the Household by Drew DiNardo
- Household Solidarity by Ra McLaughlin
- The Eschatological Household by Camden M. Bucey
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.