Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, October 2019
The October issue of Tabletalk features young people addressing older people and older people addressing young people regarding various aspects of life. Scripture is filled with admonitions for both older believers and younger Christians, such as the call for young people to respect their elders and the call for elders not to look down on the young (1 Tim. 4:12; 5:1–2). However, because of differences in age and in life experience, younger people frequently fail to heed the wisdom of older people and older people sometimes struggle to understand younger people. This issue of Tabletalk seeks to help believers overcome these hurdles by featuring older people writing to younger people and younger people writing to older people on a number of different subjects pertaining to the Christian life.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- The Divorce Generations by Burk Parsons
- Be Patient with Us as We Learn by Joe Holland
- Be Patient and Pray by Don Bailey
- Mentor Us by Nicholas T. Batzig
- Just Do Something by Gene Edward Veith
- Take Sin Seriously by Geoffrey Thomas
- Be Present with Us by Jason Helopoulos
- Participate in Your Church by Larry G. Mininger
- Become a Grown-Up by Jerry O’Neill
- Show Us How to Be a Family by Adriel Sanchez
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.