Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, February 2020
The February issue of Tabletalk offers readers a study of the parables of Jesus. Perhaps no feature of the teaching ministry of Jesus is better known than His use of parables. In fact, parables were such a defining feature of His ministry that Matthew 13:34 tells us that Jesus “said nothing to [His hearers] without a parable.” Several of these parables are so well known that their titles have made it into secular usage as shorthand references for other concepts (e.g., “good Samaritan” as a person who does good to others). Other parables remain more obscure, being hardly known in the church, let alone in the wider culture. This issue of Tabletalk exposits several of our Lord’s parables, seeking to help readers better understand the teaching of Christ.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- The Master Storyteller by Burk Parsons
- The Parables of the Mustard Seed and Leaven by Aaron L. Garriott
- The Parable of the Rich Fool by Miguel Núñez
- The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant by Gerald Bilkes
- The Parable of the Dishonest Manager by David E. Briones
- The Parable of the Tenants by Charles K. Telfer
- The Parable of the Seed Growing by Matthias Lohmann
- The Parables of the Treasure in the Field and the Pearl of Great Price by Thomas Keene
- The Parables of the Lost Sheep and Coin by Josh Moody
- The Parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard by Jonathan T. Pennington
- The Parable of the Persistent Widow by Benjamin L. Gladd
- The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector by Erik Raymond
- The Parable of the Good Shepherd by Greg Lanier
- Guarding Our Eyes by Albert N. Martin
- Modeling Love for the Church by Mary Beeke
- What Is Truly Loving Speech? by Robert W. Carver
- Our Family Story by Stephen J. Nichols
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.