As we approach the Christmas season, we reflect upon the greatest gift ever given—our Savior—Who is our eternal redemption. As Christians, we reflect God's great gift to us with our own giving, particularly to those individuals and organizations who we love and hold dear to our lives. This is also a time when many Ligonier supporters consider a year-end donation to our ministry. We are thankful for the many gifts and prayers we receive and could not fulfill our mission without their generous contributions.
We take biblical stewardship seriously and understand that we are mandated with honoring Christ with our God-given resources. As you plan your gifts to loved ones and review your spiritual, personal, and financial goals this year-end, please consider a gift to Ligonier. Help us enlighten the minds and hearts of men and women around the world with the knowledge of God and His holiness as we enter our 40th year of ministry in 2011.
To enter the New Year well-poised for ministry, we must raise $1,219,000 by December 31, 2010.
We want to help you make the most of giving opportunities this year-end:
- Cash gifts postmarked by December 31st can help reduce your 2010 federal income taxes. If you itemize, the higher your tax bracket the greater the savings for your charitable deductions. Donate Now
- Increase the benefits you earn from using your credit/debit card when you charge a gift to Ligonier. Credit/debit card donations are deductible in the year in which the charge is actually made. Ligonier must receive your credit/debit card donation by 11:00 p.m. (EST) on December 31, 2010 in order for the donation to be processed and qualify as a 2010 contribution. Donate Now
- Fulfill your commitment as a ministry partner in full to receive tax advantages in 2010 while gaining all the benefits of your partnership resources in 2011. Partner With Us
- Stand with us in the Campaign for Ligonier Ministries. Your commitment to Here We Stand will held us establish Ligonier Academy of Biblical and Theological Studies and the beautiful campus that will soon be home to the college and international ministry headquarters. Here We Stand
- Consider giving appreciated securities for additional tax savings. Donating stocks or mutual fund shares held for longer than one year means you won't owe capital gains tax. Your charitable deduction is for the full value of the shares on the date they are received by Ligonier. Gifts of Securities
- A gift of proceeds from the sale of assets that have decreased in value can be advantageous when you combine the deductions for your loss with that of the charitable gift.
- Gift items of value you own such as a vehicle, coins, jewelry, gold, or artwork. Such donations may provide an attractive alternative to a cash gift.
- As you review your long range financial goals, create a legacy of faith by remembering Ligonier Ministries in your estate plans. Estate Planning
All donations to Ligonier, no matter the size, are needed for ministry outreach and are greatly appreciated.
Supporting God's work on earth is His design for His people. He calls us to exercise wise biblical stewardship over the time, talent, and treasure He bestows. As you consider a year-end gift to Ligonier Ministries, know that we are humbled by and grateful for the confidence you place in us. For assistance with your gift planning, please contact our Director of Development at 407-333-4244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.