During a panel discussion at the 2013 PCA General Assembly, Drs. Ligon Duncan, Sinclair Ferguson, Robert Godfrey, Stephen Nichols, Richard Pratt, and R.C. Sproul considered the role of biblical and Reformed Christology in the twenty-first century.
Together, they discussed the person and work of Christ in relation to the ministry of the church in the United States and around the world; how to defend and proclaim orthodox Christology in the context of secularization and Islamization; and several other topics.
Watch the panel discussion below, or click here.
Discussion Questions & Timestamps
- What is the biggest theological battle today and for the next generation? (00:00:00)
- What advice would you give to the next generation of pastors, especially church planters, as they try to address contextualization, Christology, and similar issues? (00:08:30)
- What might we learn from history about the parallel rising of Christianity and Islam? (00:11:35)
- What role does Christology play as we see the needs of the global church? (00:16:00)
- How do we guard against the various distortions when it comes to the person of Jesus? (00:22:40)
- Discussion on the work of Christ pertaining to justification and imputation. (00:30:45)
- The panel shares thoughts on substitutionary atonement, and how it is going to be an issue in the next generation. (00:41:52)
- Is the church in danger of reductionism when it comes to the gospel? If so, how do we guard against it? (00:48:45)
- Sinclair Ferguson, how has John Owen shaped your pastoral ministry? (00:51:32)