2 Min Read
In this free course, you will have the opportunity to watch video lessons, test your learning with quizzes, engage others in discussions, and submit questions to Tim. Each week Tim will join the class live via video to review the previous week's lesson and address your questions. Every other week he will be joined by a Ligonier guest, including Drs. David Briones, W. Robert Godfrey, Stephen Nichols, and Derek Thomas.
- Preview Week (Aug. 29-Sep. 4): "A Doctrine for Today"
- Week 1 (Sep. 5-11): "Martin Luther"
- Week 2 (Sep. 12-18): "The Ninety-Five Theses"
- Week 3 (Sep. 19-25): "The Roman Catholic View"
- Week 4 (Sep. 26-Oct. 2): "Defining Our Terms"
- Week 5 (Oct. 3-9): "By Faith Alone"
- Week 6 (Oct. 10-16): "Paul's Letter to the Romans"
- Week 7 (Oct. 17-23): "The Consequences of Justification"
- Week 8 (Oct. 24-30): "Paul vs. James?"
Tim will be live at 5:30–6:00 pm ET each Tuesday during the course, but these sessions will be recorded and available for viewing afterward. This course is offered at no charge, but a free Ligonier Connect account is required. Preview Week begins today, so register now.
Students who complete the course can request a free copy of Dr. Sproul's book The Truth of the Cross.
Justified by Faith Alone by Dr. R.C. Sproul
In this course, Dr. R.C. Sproul explores the doctrine of justification historically, theologically, and biblically, carefully defining each term in the phrase "justification by faith alone" while pointing to the imputation of a righteousness found only in Jesus.