The September issue of Tabletalk considers the Christian life as a life lived between two worlds. The New Testament tells us that believers are citizens of a heavenly country, having received a kingdom that cannot be shaken (Phil. 3:20; Heb. 12:28–29). At the same time, the New Testament also tells us that until the return of Christ, we retain a citizenship on earth, having responsibilities in this world even as we live as strangers and exiles in the present era (Rom. 13:1–7; Heb. 11:13). Living as Christians in a manner pleasing to God, therefore, entails paying attention to both worlds in which we live, confident in our standing in Christ and in our future while not disdaining the present. This issue explores various facets of what it means to live between these two worlds faithfully in service to the Lord, helping believers to act responsibly on earth even as their true home is in heaven.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month's issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- God’s People in Exile by Ra McLaughlin
- Eternity in Our Hearts by John Tweeddale
- Living as Dual Citizens by Justin Taylor
- Living in These Last Days by Thomas R. Schreiner
- Separationism by Christopher Gordon
- Living in the World to Come by Mark E. Ross
- The Already and the Not Yet by Burk Parsons
- Renewing Your Mind by Lee Webb
- Favoritism in the Church by Kent Butterfield
- Working unto the Glory of God by Gene Edward Veith
- The Moment of Truth by Steven J. Lawson
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.
Each month, Tabletalk carefully selects resources to help you grow as a Christian. Browse this month's resources here.