The June issue of Tabletalk explores the biblical teaching on discipleship. During the earthly ministry of Jesus, He called twelve men to be Apostles, but He called many more men and women to be disciples. Indeed, Christ has continued to call disciples ever since. Every Christian is, in fact, a disciple—one called to learn at the feet of Jesus and to do what He commands. Today, however, there is much neglect of the process of Christian discipleship, with the result that it is hard for many people to understand what discipleship involves and what a faithful disciple of Jesus looks like. This issue looks at what discipleship entails and at the behavior of Christian disciples that we may grow in faithfulness to our Lord and in making disciples of all nations.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month's issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- Christians Are Disciples by Burk Parsons
- The Double-Minded Man by Larry Mininger
- Deacons to the Rescue by Benjamin Merkle
- In but Not of the World by Mez McConnell
- The Synod of Dort by W. Robert Godfrey
- The Mandate of Discipleship by Grant Castleberry
- What Is a Disciple? by Anthony Carter
- The Ordinary Means of Discipleship by Mantle Nance
- Disciples Keep Christ’s Commandments by Greg Gilbert
- Disciples Worship God by Kyle Borg
- Disciples Stumble by Ken Jones
- Disciples Confess Their Sins by Augustus Nicodemus Lopes
- Disciples Make Disciples by Susan Hunt
- Disciples Disciple Their Children by Robert VanDoodewaard
- Disciples Obey Their Parents in the Lord by Scotty Anderson
- Disciples Hide God’s Word in Their Hearts by Robert Carver
- Disciples Receive Correction by William Barcley
- Disciples Love Disciples by Kevin Gardner
- Disciples Pursue Holiness by Leonardo De Chirico
- Disciples Love Sound Doctrine by C.N. Wilborn
- The Freedom of Discipleship by Roland Barnes
- The Cost of Discipleship by Adriel Sanchez
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.
Each month, Tabletalk carefully selects resources to help you grow as a Christian. Browse this month's resources here.
Here's a preview of what's coming up in Tabletalk over the coming months:
The Eighteenth Century
The July issue will consider the major events and figures of the eighteenth-century church and explore what we should learn from them today.
The August issue will consider Psalm 23 in its original context, helping readers understand each line of this biblical text and directing them in how this psalm applies to thei lives and their walk with God today.
Between Two Worlds
The September issue will explore various facets of what it means to live between these two worlds faithfully in service to the Lord, helping believers to act responsibly on earth even as their true home is in heaven.
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew.