The February issue of Tabletalk considers honor and the various ways this virtue applies to our churches, families, and communities. The last few decades have seen the concept of honor decline in Western culture, and this has affected our lives significantly. Our failure to honor one another destroys families and friendships, makes work environments hostile, and makes good relations with our neighbors impossible. Moreover, our failure as Christians to show proper honor is particularly egregious, for God commands us to honor one another in our relationships. This issue considers the importance of honor, defining this virtue biblically and helping believers understand what it means to live honorable lives.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month's issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- The Disappearance of Honor by Burk Parsons
- What Is Honor? by William B. Barcley
- Honor and Its Decline by George Grant
- The Fifth Commandment Root of Honor by Kevin Gardner
- Experiencing Honor and Dishonor by Matthias Lohmann
- Honoring One Another Online by Matt Smethurst
- The Blessing of Honor by Thomas Brewer
- Honoring Marriage by Harry Reeder
- Honoring Parents by Grant R. Castleberry
- What If Honor Is Lost All Together by Albert Mohler
- Jesus Dishonored and Honored by Anthony Carter
- Honoring God by David W. Hall
- Honoring God in the Pulpit by John MacArthur
- Knowing God in All Our Ways by J. Nicholas Reid
- Giving Time, Talents, and Treasures by Bobby Jamieson
- Our Witness on Sundays by Joe Thorn
- Why Baptism? by Guy M. Richards
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.