The December issue of Tabletalk features an expositional study of the High Priestly Prayer of Jesus. The Bible reveals Jesus as our Prophet, Priest, and King, with His atoning death being an integral part of His work as our High Priest. The New Testament also reveals that our Lord’s intercession in behalf of His people is essential to His high priestly work, and John 17, commonly called the High Priestly Prayer of Jesus, is one place where we see Him interceding for His people. This prayer, one of the longest recorded prayers in the Bible, gives us vital teaching on the person, people, and petitions of Christ. Understanding this prayer is vital for understanding what Jesus has done for us and how we are to live in light of His ministry. This issue of Tabletalk takes readers through this prayer, explaining and applying its central concerns.
- Jesus’ Prayer for Us by Burk Parsons
- The Context of Jesus’ Prayer by Andreas J. Köstenberger
- The Person of Christ by Robert J. Cara
- The People of Christ by Brandon D. Crowe
- The Petition of Christ by Robert M. Godfrey
- Purifying Ourselves as Christ Is Pure by Matthew A. Dudreck
- Kingdom of Priests by Quentin B. Falkena
- He Is Enough by Nathan White
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.