Message 2, Questions & Answers with Mohler and Sproul:
A questions and answers session with Drs. Albert Mohler and R.C. Sproul.
- Can you comment on Luther’s motivation and care for his people? Fast forward to Luther’s last sermon… (00:08)
- How/why is the evangelical church starting to negotiate—to move away—from the gospel? (08:45)
- A lot of sociologists note the rise of the “no religious affiliation” category while also noting the decline of Christianity in America. Others note also the decline of nominal or cultural Christianity. Are such categories helpful? How can the church have an effective witness when people see Christianity as broken into cultural and committed Christians? (12:43)
- You saw the rise of secularism in the ‘60’s. How is 2016 like those early days of Ligonier? (18:05)
- Do we need a new Luther? What would that modern Reformer look like? (24:55)
- Both of you have served in the academy and the church. What was it in Luther’s life that made it so easy for him to move between the academy and the church? Is that a model to follow? (26:57)
- What are principles for sustaining reformation? (33:44)
Note: Answers given during Questions and Answers sessions reflect the views of the individual speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dr. R.C. Sproul and Ligonier Ministries. Here is our Statement of Faith.