Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, May 2020
The May issue of Tabletalk covers the importance of the twentieth century in the history of the church. The Christian faith takes history seriously, understanding that God works in time and that His people live and move in historical eras that shape them and that are shaped by them in significant ways. As the twentieth century gets further away from us, we are increasingly able to understand how the people and events of those one hundred years have left their indelible mark on the church. Understanding the effects of the twentieth century is vital for understanding where the church is today and how we can be faithful in our generation. This issue provides an overview of some of the most important people, events, and ideas from the twentieth century whose impact continues to be felt today.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail by Burk Parsons
- Overview of the Twentieth Century by S. Donald Fortson III
- The Fundamentalist-Modernist Controversy by John R. Muether
- Ethics in Flux by Bruce P. Baugus
- Doctrinal Shifts by Keith A. Mathison
- Turning the Other Cheek by Michael Aitcheson
- Expectations of the Pastor’s Family by Brian Croft
- Preparing to Encounter Skeptics by L. Anthony Curto
- What Is an Apostle? by R. Carlton Wynne
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.