Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, June 2020
The June issue of Tabletalk The June 2020 features articles on the theme of the ordinary means of grace. Westminster Shorter Catechism 88 says that “the outward and ordinary means whereby Christ communicates to us the benefits of redemption, are his ordinances, especially the word, sacraments, and prayer; all which are made effectual to the elect for salvation.” In our day, however, there has been a neglect of these ordinary means in many churches. Many congregations and individual Christians instead look for spiritual growth in the right programs, style of music, church growth strategy, and other places where God has not promised to bless His people. Believers need to return to the ordinary means of grace appointed by Christ in order to see renewal in our day. This issue helps readers better understand and appreciate the ordinary means of grace.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- The Ordinary Means of Grace by Burk Parsons
- What Is a Means of Grace? by Nicholas T. Batzig
- The Word of God as a Means of Grace by Robert VanDoodewaard
- Prayer as a Means of Grace by Christopher J. Gordon
- The Sacraments as Means of Grace by William Barcley
- Appropriating the Means of Grace by Ryan M. McGraw
- Living with a Sacrificial Heart by Shona Murray
- Welcoming New Church Members by Don Bailey
- The Witness of the Communion of Saints by A. Craig Troxel
- The Dead Sea Scrolls by John D. Currid
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.