Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, June 2019
The June issue of Tabletalk considers many of the metaphors in the Bible for the Christian life. Scripture uses a number of rich metaphors to describe what it means to be a Christian and, conversely, what it means to live in a manner contrary to the Christian faith. These metaphors unfold the realities of Christian living; when properly understood, they help us live in a manner that is pleasing to God.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- The Beauty of Scripture by Burk Parsons
- Agricultural Metaphors for the Christian Life by Matthew Barrett
- Animal Metaphors for the Christian Life by Robert VanDoodewaard
- Architectural Metaphors for the Christian Life by Thomas Myrick
- Athletic Metaphors for the Christian Life by Steven J. Lawson
- Bodily Metaphors for the Christian Life by Greg Lanier
- Kingdom Metaphors for the Christian Life by John P. Sartelle
- Family Metaphors for the Christian Life by Donald S. Whitney
- Religious Metaphors for the Christian Life by Victor Cruz
- Christian Liberty by Dan Dodds
- Serving the Body outside Our Comfort Zones by Scotty Anderson
- Kindness and Patience as a Witness by Donny Friederichsen
- The Fourth Century: A Momentous Time by Sinclair B. Ferguson
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.