Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, January 2020
The January issue of Tabletalk considers the will of God, focusing particularly on our calling and vocation. Calling is a broad word, and one question that Christians sometimes ask is, “What am I called to do?” In most cases, they are looking to identify the vocation that the Lord has for them. This is an important question indeed, but there is much mistaken teaching on this topic that offers little practical guidance, directs people to look in the wrong places for God’s will, or makes people feel like failures when they never seem to find God’s will for their lives. This issue of Tabletalk seeks to help Christians understand what Scripture has to say about God’s calling on our lives, how we can discern it, and how we can honor Him.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- Knowing God’s Will by Burk Parsons
- The Struggle to Find God’s Will by Thomas Brewer
- Defining the Will of God by John Tweeddale
- Defining the Call of God by Joe Holland
- Examples of Callings in Scripture by Scott Redd
- Discerning and Stewarding God’s Call for My Life by Fred Greco
- Examining Our Motives by Dan Thompson
- Leaving a Church Peaceably by J.D. Bridges
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.