Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, December 2018
The December issue of Tabletalk covers several of the most important Old Testament texts concerning the promised Messiah. When Jesus appeared to the disciples on the road to Emmaus, He told them that everything written about Him in the Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms—the Old Testament—had to be fulfilled (Luke 24:13–25). Jesus the Messiah is the center of the Hebrew Scriptures and the fulfillment of the hopes of the old covenant community, and Christians have long turned to the messianic prophecies of the Old Testament to learn about the person and work of our Savior. This issue of Tabletalk covers several key messianic prophecies and explain how they point to Christ.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- The True Israel of God by Burk Parsons
- The Seed of the Woman by R. Andrew Compton
- Abraham’s Seed by Michael P.V. Barrett
- Judah’s Scepter by Peter Y. Lee
- A Prophet Like Moses by Anthony Selvaggio
- David’s Son by Robert Rothwell
- The Messianic King by Robert J. Cara
- The Eternal Priest by Stephen M. Coleman
- Of the Virgin’s Womb by Brandon D. Crowe
- Prince of Peace by Scott Redd
- The Stump of Jesse by Stephen J. Casselli
- A Ruler from Bethlehem by Jonty Rhodes
- The Lord’s Shepherd by Max Rogland
- Making Prayer a Priority by Nathan Bingham
- Paying Attention in Worship by John R. Muether
- Shing as Lights by Not Grumbling by Tim Challies
- A Shadow of Christ by R.C. Sproul
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.
Each month, Tabletalk carefully selects resources to help you grow as a Christian. Browse this month’s resources here.