Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, December 2017
The December issue of Tabletalk addresses the biblical-theological theme of the temple. The tabernacle and temple are prominent in old covenant worship and history. There is also extensive teaching on the temple in the Gospels, Hebrews, Revelation, and other New Testament books. A right understanding of the temple thus is key to a right understanding of the Bible. Regrettably, however, Christians often have a poor understanding of the temples’ significance and its fulfillment in Christ and His church. This issue considers various aspects of the tabernacle/temple, and what it tells us about Christ, the church, and salvation.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- Immanuel by Burk Parsons
- What Is the Mind? by R.C. Sproul
- As I Imitate Christ by Tom Ascol
- Teaching Children about the Lord’s Supper by Don Bailey
- Our Grounds for Supporting Capital Punishment by Albert Mohler
- Scripture’s Call to Christian Living by John Calvin
- The House of God by L. Michael Morales
- The Altar of Burnt Offering by T. Desmond Alexander
- The Bronze Basin by Justin Estrada
- The Lampstand by John Currid
- The Table of Showbread by Michael McKelvey
- The Altar of Incense by Iain Duguid
- The Curtain by Benjamin Shaw
- The Ark of the Covenant by Bryan Estelle
- The Church as the Temple of God by Daniel Hyde
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.
Each month, Tabletalk carefully selects resources to help you grow as a Christian. Browse this month’s resources here.
Here’s a preview of what’s coming up in Tabletalk over the coming months:
The January issue will provide an overview of the biblical teaching on the fear of God, reminding readers why they should fear Him and what the fear of the Lord looks like in our lives.
The February issue will seek to help ordinary Christians become better theologians by examining various aspects of what it means to do theology faithfully.
Loving Our Neighbors
The March issue will remind believers of their high calling to love their neighbors and provide practical guidance for loving our neighbors as we love ourselves
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew.