Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, August 2018
The August issue of Tabletalk provides a line-by-line exposition and application of Psalm 23. Psalm 23 certainly ranks among the most beloved passages in all of Scripture, and generations of believers have turned to this psalm of David for comfort and assurance in times both good and bad. This issue considers Psalm 23 in its original context, helping readers understand each line of this biblical text and directing them in how this psalm applies to their lives and their walk with God today.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- The Psalm of David the Shepherd by Joshua J. Van Ee
- Your Rod and Your Staff, They Comfort Me by Aaron L. Garriott
- The Lord Is My Shepherd; I Shall Not Want by Sinclair B. Ferguson
- You Prepare a Table for Me in the Presence of My Enemies by Iain Duguid
- He Makes Me Lie Down in Green Pastures; He Leads Me beside Still Waters by Michael G. McKelvey
- You Anoint My Head with Oil; My Cup Overflows by William MacKenzie
- He Restores My Soul by Benjamin Shaw
- Surely Goodness and Mercy Shall Follow Me All the Days of My Life by Steven J. Lawson
- He Leads Me in Paths of Righteousness for His Name’s Sake by John MacArthur
- And I Shall Dwell in the House of the Lord Forever by L. Michael Morales
- Even Though I Walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Will Fear No Evil, for You Are with Me by Bryan D. Estelle
- The Great Shepherd by Burk Parsons
- Why We Don’t Share the Gospel by Alvin L. Reid
- Becoming What We Behold by Bob Thune
- Finding a Pastor by Mark Dever
- New Covenant Worship: Lift Up Your Hearts by Randall Van Meggelen
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.
Each month, Tabletalk carefully selects resources to help you grow as a Christian. Browse this month’s resources here.
Here’s a preview of what’s coming up in Tabletalk over the coming months:
Between Two Worlds
The September issue will explore various facets of what it means to live between these two worlds faithfully in service to the Lord, helping believers to act responsibly on earth even as their true home is in heaven.
Perfectionism, Control, and the Sovereignty of God
The October issue will consider various issues related to the right understanding of divine sovereignty and man’s responsibility, helping readers to have a more biblical view of what it means to live soberly in this present age without falling into perfectionism or sinful fear.
The November issue will present a holistic pro-life ethic, applying the biblical teaching on life in many different areas.
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew.