Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, April 2021
The April issue of Tabletalk provides an overview of the life and work of Martin Luther, with a special focus on the Diet of Worms. In 2021, we will celebrate the five-hundredth anniversary of the Diet of Worms, where Martin Luther made a bold stand for the gospel, staking his very life on the truth of Scripture. Because of the significance of this event, it is worthwhile to consider what led up to it, what Luther was defending, and how the truths he advocated remain relevant today. This issue of Tabletalk sets Luther’s work and the diet in historical context, explores what happened at the Diet of Worms, and explains why we should continue to embrace and defend the biblical truth recovered at that important point in history.
- Steadfast in the Truth by Burk Parsons
- The Road to Worms: The Diet of Worms in Historical Context by Stephen Nichols
- The Proceedings of the Diet by Herman Selderhuis
- There He Stood: Luther at Worms by W. Robert Godfrey
- After the Diet by Gene Edward Veith
- The Legacy of Luther by Keith A. Mathison
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.