Associate Editor of Tabletalk Magazine
Reports to Editor of Tabletalk magazine
An associate editor of Tabletalk magazine assists the editor in overseeing the production of Tabletalk magazine by helping to determine the nature, content, and authors of annual themes, monthly features, and department articles; by corresponding with contributors and designers; and by editing all the content of each issue of Tabletalk. He is also a member of Ligonier Ministries editorial services department, and is responsible for writing, editing, and proofing editorial content for Ligonier Ministries.
- Participation in the regular editing process of Tabletalk magazine, including the annual development of themes and contributors; bimonthly meetings to choose authors, specific article topics, and titles; editing and proofing all magazine content for biblical, theological, and grammatical accuracy
- Contribution of new ideas for Ligonier conferences and educational materials (such as audio/video series, books, and study guides) that help Ligonier Ministries achieve its educational mission
- Coordination with and supervision of transcribers, editors, writers, and others both inside and outside the organization who are assisting in the production of new educational materials
- Writing, editing, and proofreading the content of Ligonier materials, including blog posts, online curricula, study guides, catalogs, advertisements, constituent letters, and other resources
- Work with Tabletalk managing editor and Tabletalk art director to ensure design and formatting consistency
- Help to ensure the biblical and theological integrity of all Ligonier print-related media
- Serve Ligonier Ministries and Tabletalk at national and regional conferences (occasional travel may be required)
- Participate in product-related meetings with Ligonier brand managers when called upon
- Contribute daily to various Tabletalk online social media platforms
Credentials and Experience
- Qualified to serve as an elder according to 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9
- Master of Divinity degree from a confessionally Reformed seminary (Minimum 3.5 GPA)
- Member in good standing of a confessional church, Presbyterian (Westminster) or Reformed (Three Forms of Unity)
- Able to subscribe (with approved exceptions) to the Westminster Standards and the Three Forms of Unity
- Proven ability to research and write with theological and grammatical accuracy and clarity
- Broad knowledge of Scripture as well as Reformed theology and ecclesiology
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments
Apply only if you meet these specific qualifications. Thank you.
Submit resume online to email@example.com or mail to:
Ligonier Ministries, Inc.
Attn: Scott Devor
421 Ligonier Court
Sanford, FL 32771
Professor of New Testament and Professor of Literature (Great Works)
Reformation Bible College in Sanford, FL, is seeking to fill two positions, in New Testament and in Literature, to begin in the fall of 2014. RBC’s three Bachelor of Arts degrees include a significant amount of courses in both NT and Literature (Western Civ. Classics).
The ideal applicant will:
- be godly in character,
- confessionally Reformed,
- have earned a PhD in New Testament or Literature (Masters degreed applicants will, however, be considered),
- and have undergraduate or graduate level teaching experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest and CV either on-line to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address below (no phone inquiries please):
Reformation Bible College
c/o Dr. L. Michael Morales
421 Ligonier Court
Sanford, FL 32771
The Creative Services group at Ligonier supports a growing list of ministries, including: Renewing Your Mind radio, The Reformation Study Bible, Tabletalk Bible study magazine, Reformation Trust (book publishing imprint), Teaching Series (in video/audio), Ligonier Connect (online courses), and RefNet (24-hour internet radio). The ministry also hosts a variety of conferences in the U.S. and abroad, and is home to Reformation Bible College in Sanford, Florida. Ligonier is a vibrant, growing ministry that is not static, but rather always looking for new ways to improve and innovate. Watch this quick video for a snapshot of who we are.
Our goal is to promote these ministries at a level of excellence on par with the teaching materials themselves. If you have a passion for the equipping of God's people, enjoy working in a variety of mediums, and have a classic/sophisticated/intelligent design aesthetic, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Solve creative problems at concept level in a variety of mediums
- Execute print/collateral projects from start to finish
- Execute the design components of web/email/app/video projects
- Work well in collaboration with writers/photographers/designers/etc
- Embrace the constraint of working within brand style guides
- Embrace the 'Ligonier aesthetic'
- Interact with client and AEs to build out creative briefs
- Present and sell ideas and execution to Creative Director and/or client
- 7+ years with art direction/design background
- Expert knowledge of the print environment including production
- Experience finding, hiring and directing creative professionals
- Web / UI design experience a plus
- App design experience a plus
- Video concepting / art direction / design a plus
- Publication / magazine art direction / design a plus
- Book cover / jacket design experience a plus
Please provide a resume and samples of your work to:
Lucy MacIntyre // Creative Services