Ligonier Academy D.Min. Program: Now Accepting Applications
Ligonier Ministries is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications from qualified candidates for admission to the Doctor of Ministry degree program offered by Ligonier Academy of Biblical and Theological Studies.
The program is a professional degree for ordained men serving in pastorates, mission fields, and other full-time ministries who desire to reach new levels of reflection on and competence in the practice of ministry. While the program combines practical and theological courses, the Ligonier Academy Doctor of Ministry program also places a strong emphasis on the application of theology to ministry.
The Ligonier Academy D.Min. program consists of eight one-week course modules (three credit hours each) and a major written project (six credit hours). All courses are required. Five of the eight courses highlight practical pastoral issues, and three focus on theological issues. The program is designed to be completed in a minimum of three years or a maximum of five years, depending on the number of courses the student takes each year. Exceptions to these time limits are considered on a case-by-case basis. The program courses appear below.
1. The five practical courses are as follows:
- Reformed Philosophy of Ministry
- Missions and Evangelism
- Pastoral Care
2. The three theological courses are as follows:
- The Doctrine of Justification
- Issues in Theological Studies
- Issues in Biblical Studies
3. Each of these eight courses have reading and writing assignments. These assignments may be due before, during, or after the lectures. Generally, each course requires reading of no more than 2,000 pages and writing of a major post-course paper. Texts and assignments required for each course will be determined by the instructor.
4. A major written project will follow the completion of the eight courses. An oral defense of the project is also required.
The faculty of the Ligonier Academy D.Min. program consists of some of the most well-respected Reformed pastors and scholars in the United States and the U.K., including supporters and council members of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. In addition to Dr. R.C. Sproul, our distinguished visiting faculty over the last four years has included:
- T. Desmond Alexander
- D. A. Carson
- Sinclair Ferguson
- Ron Gleason
- Michael Horton
- Dennis Johnson
- Samuel Larsen
- Steven J. Lawson
- Robert Letham
- Mark Ross
- R.C. Sproul, Jr.
- Derek Thomas
Over the next two years, many of these men will be returning and several new visiting professors will be joining us:
- DM 801 – Doctrine of Justification | J. V. Fesko
- DM 805 – Preaching | Dennis Johnson
- DM 804 – Reformed Philosophy of Ministry | Mark Ross
- DM 806 – Worship | Sinclair Ferguson
- DM 802 – Issues in Theological Studies | Carl Trueman
- DM 808 – Pastoral Care | Derek Thomas
- DM 803 – Issues in Biblical Studies | T.D. Alexander
- DM 807 – Missions and Evangelism | Julius Kim
Application, Admission, and Registration
All application documents must be received by the Admissions Office of Ligonier Academy no later than the following dates:
- For Winter Courses: September 1
- For Summer Courses: March 1
Because the D.Min. program serves the educational goals of pastors, missionaries, and others in full-time ministry, admission is granted only to ordained men who possess an earned Master of Divinity degree or its equivalent. Moreover, because of the seminar nature of the program’s courses, maximum enrollment in each course is twenty students.
A registration form will be mailed to the student upon his acceptance to the program. Course registration (including tuition payment) must be completed before the first day of class.
Tuition for the D.Min. program is $350 per credit hour.
For More Information
For more information, please download the Ligonier Academy Doctor of Ministry Handbook.
Ligonier Academy of Biblical and Theological Studies
USPS: 465 Ligonier Court | Sanford, FL 32771
Phone: 407-333-4244 | Fax: 407-333-4233