Message 14, Questions & Answers #2:
Drs. Michael Horton, Steven Lawson, Alistair Begg, and Albert Mohler answer attendee questions. Moderated by R.C. Sproul.
- If God can do anything why can’t He lie? (00:00)
- How do you reconcile John 3:16 with John 5:5-6? (02:05)
- How can you discuss controversial issues of faith with a Christian family member? (04:02)
- Does human responsibility replace irresistible grace? (06:42)
- Do we need to be concerned about the differences between beliefs about the church and Israel and about believer’s baptism vs. infant baptism? (08:52)
- Would you consider theophostic prayer a form of gnosticism? (17:32)
- If there is one Holy Spirit guiding believers, why are there denominations and so many varied interpretations? (19:29)
- If God has ordained evil, how is He not the author of evil? (25:02)
- Why don’t Christians care that they are sinning? (29:03)
- How can I, a Baptist, reconcile the message of reformers with their seemingly inconsistent doctrines on baptism and regeneration? (42:30)
- According to Romans 9:14-18, God is not unjust in electing some to have mercy and some to harden. Nevertheless, some would say that He shows favoritism in some Scripture. (48:14)
- After postmodernism, what is the next big intellectual challenge to the Christian faith? (53:34)
- In reference to our justification, is there a reward for the elect according to their works? (59:48)
Note: Answers given during Questions and Answers sessions reflect the views of the individual speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dr. R.C. Sproul and Ligonier Ministries. Here is our Statement of Faith.