Economics for Everybody: Applying Biblical Principles to Work, Wealth, and the World
Teaching Series (DVD + Study Guide) by R.C. Sproul Jr.
*One offer per household. US & Canada only
Twelve 23-Minute Messages. Over 4 Hours of Teaching.
Everybody talks about it. The news is full of it. But most Christians know very little about it. Economics: it’s everywhere, influencing everything, yet so rarely understood.
Economics for Everybody seeks to remedy that through an insightful and entertaining exploration of the principles, practices, and consequences of economics. Thoroughly unconventional, it links entrepreneurship with lemonade, cartoons with markets, and Charlie Chaplin with supply and demand. It’s funny, clever, profound and instructive.
If you want to know why economics is so important to understand, this is the series for you. In our day and age, it’s a message every Christian needs to hear.
1. And God Created Economics: Stewardship in God’s Image
2. The Economic Problem of Sin: Law, Liberty & Government
3. The Path from Work to Wealth: Production, Property & Tools
4. The Route From Scarcity to Plenty: Money, Markets & Trade
5. The Role of the Entrepreneur: Capital, Calculation & Profit
6. A Tale of Two Theologies (Part 1): From God to Politics
7. A Tale of Two Theologies (Part 2): Economic Philosophies & Systems
8. Government Intervention: Basic Principles & Education
9. The Two Mysteries of Monetary Policy: Inflation & Depressions
10. The Welfare & Corporate States of America: The Costs of Redistribution
11. Economics Has Consequences: The Real Effects of Sin
12. Kingdom Economics
Package includes DVD and Study Guide.
Watch the Trailer
You can also join an interactive classroom and take this course through Ligonier Connect.
The highest recommendation by Jeremy Lundmark
I can do nothing but give the highest recommendation for this study. It serves as a desperate warning to a country that is heading in a wrong direction and as a guide to help individuals, families, churches, and governments rightly understand their roles in God’s sovereign schematic.
An excellent first step by Dr. Shawn Ritenour, Professor of Economics
Economics for Everybody is a provocative, winsome, and informative attempt to bring both natural and special revelation to bear on economic theory and policy. Those looking for an introduction to economic ideas from a Biblical perspective will find Economics for Everybody an excellent first step.
I am delighted to recommend it by Douglas Wilson
We live in a time when economic ignorance is a massive problem, and also in a time when that same ignorance creates a massive danger. Even worse, many Christians have failed to think with a biblical worldview when it comes to these issues. This is an area where we must learn to do better. Fortunately, and just in time, this instructive video series by my friend RC Sproul, Jr. is one I am delighted to recommend.