Will You Pray for Awakening? Download Your Free Prayer Guide
We live in a world that needs awakening. Millions of people do not know Jesus Christ. The church itself needs renewed zeal for the truth, for spiritual growth, and for missions. Scripture reveals how this awakening comes about: by a powerful movement of the Spirit of God. It also tells us that when just two men—Paul and Silas—prayed, the earth itself shook (Acts 16:25–26). So we are dedicating the entire year of 2019 to pray for awakening, and we hope you will, too.
To help as many people as possible, we produced this free prayer guide. Download it today at PrayForAwakening.com, find it in the PrayerMate app, or order the prayer booklet in packs of ten to share with your loved ones.
To use the guide, find the prayer that corresponds to the current week. Each week of the month focuses on a different group to pray for, starting with you and your family and expanding to the world and the global church. You can also share your desire to #PrayForAwakening on social media.
SEPTEMBER PRAYER FOCUS:
- Week 1: Pray that you and your family will increasingly love God with your heart, soul, and might. “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” (Deut. 6:5)
- Week 2: Pray that your church will be diligent to teach the whole counsel of God. “Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” (Matt. 28:20)
- Week 3: Pray for the peace and welfare of your city and nation, including that your fellow citizens will find spiritual peace by trusting in Christ. “Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.” (Jer. 29:7)
- Week 4: Pray that the nations of the world will come to know Christ and call upon His name in faith and repentance. “At that time I will change the speech of the peoples to a pure speech, that all of them may call upon the name of the LORD and serve him with one accord.” (Zeph. 3:9)
- Week 5: Pray that the demons who exercise strong influence in your city and nation will be overcome and defeated. “The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia.” (Dan. 10:13)
We hope this prayer guide encourages you this year and in future years. Join us in praying fervently for a mighty movement of God’s Spirit today, thankful that He has graciously promised to hear us, and confident that He will answer our prayers according to His will.