Will You Pray for Awakening? Download Your Free Prayer Guide
We live in a world that needs awakening. Millions of people do not know Jesus Christ. The church itself needs renewed zeal for the truth, for spiritual growth, and for missions. Scripture reveals how this awakening comes about: by a powerful movement of the Spirit of God. It also tells us that when just two men—Paul and Silas—prayed, the earth itself shook (Acts 16:25–26). So we are dedicating the entire year of 2021 to pray for awakening, and we hope you will, too.
To help as many people as possible, we produced this free prayer guide. Download it today at PrayForAwakening.com, find it in the PrayerMate app, or order the prayer booklet in packs of ten to share with your loved ones.
To use the guide, find the prayer that corresponds to the current week. Each week of the month focuses on a different group to pray for, starting with you and your family and expanding to the world and the global church. You can also share your desire to #PrayForAwakening on social media.
JUNE PRAYER FOCUS:
- Week 1: Pray that you and your family will gladly do what God wills, as is outlined in His Word. “Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” (Matt. 6:10)
- Week 2: Pray that you and your church will live holy lives before friends and neighbors so that your witness to the gospel will have a credible testimony. “You are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.” (1 Pet. 2:9)
- Week 3: Pray that your nation and city will praise God and not curse Him. “Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!” (Ps. 67:3)
- Week 4: Pray that the church around the world will not be content simply with making converts but will strive to make disciples. “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” (Matt. 28:19–20)
- Week 5: Pray that your church will remain discerning and will remain devoted to truth and not be deceived by the teachings of demons. “Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons.” (1 Tim. 4:1)
We hope this prayer guide encourages you this year and in future years. Join us in praying fervently for a mighty movement of God’s Spirit today, thankful that He has graciously promised to hear us, and confident that He will answer our prayers according to His will.