Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, October 2011
The October edition of Tabletalk is out. Death and disease affect everyone, even Christians. This issue explores the nature of death and disease from a biblical perspective, providing hope to those who trust in Jesus and encouraging believers to view these heinous effects of sin in light of God’s revelation and promises. Contributors include R.C. Sproul, John Piper, Nicholas Batzig, Harry Reeder, Kevin DeYoung, Donald Whitney, Joni Eareckson Tada, and R.C. Sproul Jr.
We do not post all of the feature articles or the daily devotionals from the issue, so you’ll have to subscribe to get those. But for now, here are links to a few select columns and articles from this month:
- “Death, Disease & the Gospel” by Burk Parsons
- “Death Does Not Have the Last Word” by R.C. Sproul
- “The Pastor and the Funeral” by Harry Reeder
- “This Isn’t Going To Be As Easy As It Looks” by Keith Mathison
- “Nothing Like the Church” by Robert Rayburn
- “A Purpose in the Pain: An Interview with Joni Eareckson Tada”
- “That the Scriptures Might Be Fulfilled” by John Piper
- “A Future So Bright” by R.C. Sproul Jr.
If you have not subscribed yet, you should. It’s only $23 for a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Special discounts for churches or businesses are available for those who want multiple copies of each issue. Start receiving Tabletalk by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 (8am-8pm ET, Mon-Fri) or subscribe online.