Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, May 2021
The May issue of Tabletalk looks at anxiety and its solution in the Christian life. We live in an anxious age. Wars, pandemics, and other problems give rise to anxiety on a worldwide scale. Closer to home, relational difficulties, fear of job loss, physical disorders, lack of assurance of salvation, and more make us anxious. The daily news often seems tailored to produce the most anxiety in us, and advertisements for all kinds of cures for anxiety bombard us regularly. Anxiety is a real problem even for Christians, and part of Christian faithfulness involves learning how to put sinful anxiousness to death while still having an appropriate level of concern for ourselves and our loved ones. This issue considers the reality and forms of anxiety and help readers learn how they can grow more and more free from being anxious.
- The Antidote to Anxiety by Burk Parsons
- What Is Anxiety? by William Barcley
- The Source of Anxiety by Matt Ryman
- The Effects of Anxiety by Rebecca VanDoodewaard
- The Solution to Anxiety by Eric Watkins
- Living Faithfully with Anxiety by Aaron L. Garriott
- Judging with Right Judgment by Andrew Sarnicki
- Training Children for Worship by Kevin Struyk
- Church History and Cultural Engagement by Garry Williams
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.