Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, April 2019
The April issue of Tabletalk addresses what it means to know “Christ and him crucified” (1 Cor.2:2). Christians are people of the cross, as the atoning work of Christ on Calvary is at the very center of our faith. However, while believers are aware that Jesus died for sinners, many Christians do not have a full-orbed understanding of the work of Christ, what it accomplished, for whom it was offered, its place in the history of redemption, and how it applies practically to their everyday lives. This issue of Tabletalk seeks to help believers better understand the core elements of their faith, serving as a primer of sorts on our Lord’s redemptive work and all that it has accomplished. In so doing, it will also answer common misconceptions and misunderstandings regarding various aspects of the work of Christ.
For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue. You can also purchase the issue or subscribe to get the print issue every month.
- Theology of the Cross by Burk Parsons
- Federal Headship by Guy Prentiss Waters
- The Twofold Obedience of Christ by Gregory Beale
- Expiation and Propitiation by L. Michael Morales
- The Double Cure by D. Blaire Smith
- For Whom Did Christ Die? by Ryan McGraw
- Redemption Applied by David B. Garner
- Life in Light of the Cross by Eric Hausler
- Not Responding in Kind by Roland Barnes
- Submitting to One Another by Jared C. Wilson
- Merits and Demerits by Lee Webb
- Sexual Sin and the Pursuit of Purity by David E. Briones
Subscribe to Tabletalk today for only $23 a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Get your subscription to Tabletalk today by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 or by subscribing online.