Announcing Our 2016 Fall Conference at Reformation Bible College
God promised Abraham that He would give the patriarch innumerable descendants, referring ultimately to a vast multitude of people redeemed from sin and wrath (Gen. 12:1–3). This sure promise undergirds all of history, and it must come to pass, for the Lord Himself made the pledge. No matter how severe man’s abiding sin is, it cannot ultimately thwart God’s promise.
Throughout history, during periods of spiritual darkness when it has seemed as if the promise was about to fail, our gracious God has intervened in powerful ways to renew His people and keep the promise on track. From the renewal of Judah’s worship under Kings Hezekiah and Josiah to the great eighteenth-century revival sparked by the preaching of Jonathan Edwards and George Whitefield, the Lord has moved by His Spirit to reform His church and revive His children. The greatest of these renewals since the Apostolic era was undoubtedly the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation. Today we continue to benefit from the restoration of God’s Word as the acknowledged supreme authority in the church, the rediscovery of the doctrine of justification by faith alone, the recovery of the centrality of preaching, and much more.
On September 16-17, 2016, we invite you to join Ligonier Ministries in Sanford, FL, for our fall conference “The Dawn of the Reformation.” Drs. Al Mohler, Steve Nichols, R.C. Sproul, Jr., and I will be present to explore the lessons of the Reformation and their continual relevance for today.
We trust that this will be a refreshing time of edification as we look to the past in order to know how we may face the future with courage and conviction. Will you join us in Sanford this fall?
- Reflections on the 499th Anniversary of the Reformation by Albert Mohler
- Questions and Answers Session with Albert Mohler and R.C. Sproul
- On Heritage and Heroes (Convocation Address) by Albert Mohler
- Morning Stars: What Was God Doing before the Reformation? by Stephen Nichols
- Before Light, Darkness by R.C. Sproul Jr.
- Questions and Answers Session with Stephen Nichols, R.C. Sproul Jr., and R.C. Sproul
- The Word Made Flesh: The Ligonier Statement on Christology by Stephen Nichols
- October 30, 1517: The Eve of the Reformation by R.C. Sproul Jr.
In addition to the conference messages, there will be two questions and answers sessions. Learn more by browsing the conference schedule.
Prior to the fall conference, Reformation Bible College will be hosting a student preview weekend for anyone interested in learning more about the school. Visit the registration page for more information.