Message 5, Questions & Answers #1:
Every day we communicate through various media. From the invention of Gutenberg’s printing press in the fifteenth century to the rise of the internet in the late twentieth century, throughout history societies have invented new forms of media in order to communicate more efficiently. As we approach the second decade of the twenty-first century we have witnessed the rise of numerous new media and have been left to fend for ourselves to figure out how to use it properly.
This Pre-Conference is geared to help equip Christians, young and old, to think biblically about new media and how to use new media for their own purposes, for the edification of the church, and for the kingdom of God. In this final pre-conference session, Tim Challies, Albert Mohler, Burk Parsons, Ed Stetzer, and Stephen McGarvey of Christianity.com answer questions regarding new media.
- New media in the life of a Christian? (00:00)
- How does new media affect the life of the Christian? (01:54)
- How do we deal with the hypersocial environment? (13:00)
- Is Google making us dumber? (22:09)
- What is the impact of technology on the local church? (25:57)
- How can we use social media to be salt and light? (38:45)
Note: Answers given during Questions and Answers sessions reflect the views of the individual speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dr. R.C. Sproul and Ligonier Ministries. Here is our Statement of Faith.