Message 4, Questions & Answers with Haykin, Kruger, and Sproul:
A questions and answers session with Drs. Michael Haykin, Michael Kruger, and R.C. Sproul.
- Was the addition of the Filioque clause to the Nicene creed a valid one doctrinally? (01:40)
- Is there a difference between the Western church’s emphasis on the unity of God and the Eastern church’s emphasis on the the distinction of the persons? (03:43)
- How did the early church view or practice worship through song? (06:20)
- Did the early church expect new covenant documents? (09:06)
- Is the canon closed permanently? What if Paul’s letter to the Laodiceans is found? (10:43)
- Were the five solas of the Reformation believed and taught in the early church? (14:13)
- Where is the risen Christ? With what kind of body? (17:33)
- Was there any debate within the early church that the teachings of Jesus and the teachings of Paul contradicted each other? (18:08)
- What early church doctrine has lasted to today with the most pervasively bad consequences? (20:08)
- What do you see is the biggest challenge to the church today and how can we learn from past events in church history, especially the early church? (24:56)
Note: Answers given during Questions and Answers sessions reflect the views of the individual speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dr. R.C. Sproul and Ligonier Ministries. Here is our Statement of Faith.