Message 3, Questions & Answers #1:
Drs. Alistair Begg, Anthony Carter, Steven Lawson, R.C. Sproul, and R.C. Sproul Jr. answer questions on a variety of topics, including the difference between justification and salvation by grace; the distinction between truths revealed in Scripture and those that come to light through science, and baptism.
The questions answered in this session are:
1. What is your opinion on the invitation, “Invite Jesus into your heart?” Is this a true proclamation of the gospel?
2. What is the difference between justification by faith and salvation by grace?
3. How do we make distinctions between truth revealed in scripture and truth revealed through the sciences?
4. If we have one God, one Bible, one Holy Spirit, why are we as Christians so different?
5. How should we respond when other Christians bring up the errors of Luther and Calvin?
6.Why is God angry and wrathful toward those He never predestined to salvation?
7. Are Roman Catholics going to hell?
8. Since justification is by faith alone, what are we to make of Paul’s declarations that we must all “give and account”?
9. How do I speak the truth to my child, a professing believer, who is living in a homosexual lifestyle?
10. As a pastor of a church which is given to seeker sensitive gimmicks and entertainment, do I stay or seek a pastorate elsewhere?
11. Should baptism be a reason to impede fellowship?
12. What is your view of what heaven and the new earth will be like?
Note: Answers given during Questions and Answers sessions reflect the views of the individual speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Dr. R.C. Sproul and Ligonier Ministries. Here is our Statement of Faith.