Year-End Giving Information
A Season for Giving
Christmas is a time to celebrate what we hold most dear. We draw closer to God, family, and friends, and express our affection and gratitude by giving gifts. It is also a time when many Ligonier supporters consider a year-end donation to our ministry. We are grateful for those who partner with us and could not fulfill our mission without their generous contributions.
Wise biblical stewardship mandates that we honor Christ with our God-given resources. As you plan your gifts to loved ones and review your spiritual, personal, and financial goals this year-end, please consider a gift to Ligonier. Help us enlighten the minds and hearts of men and women around the world with the knowledge of God and His holiness.
To make the most of giving opportunities this year-end,
- cash gifts postmarked by December 31st can help reduce your 2008 federal income taxes. If you itemize, the higher your tax bracket the greater the savings for your charitable deductions. Donate now through this link.
- fulfill your commitment as a ministry partner in full to receive tax advantages in 2008 while gaining all the benefits of your partnership resources in 2009. Consider becoming a monthly ministry partner.
- consider giving appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds for additional tax savings. Donating such assets held for longer than one year eliminates the need to pay a capital gains tax while Ligonier realizes the full value of the shares on the date they are received. Click here to learn more about gifts of stocks and securities.
- a gift of the proceeds from the sale of assets that have decreased in value can be advantageous when you combine the deductions for your loss with that of the charitable gift.
- if you are age 70½ or older, you may contribute up to $100,000 directly from your individual retirement account to Ligonier. These gifts count toward your minimum required distribution and are not subject to income tax. Give through your IRA.
- gifting items of value you own which can be used for ministry or easily sold, such as coins, jewelry, artwork, or a vehicle may provide an attractive alternative to a cash gift.
- increase the benefits you earn from using your credit card when you charge a gift to Ligonier. As credit card donations are deductible in the year in which the charge is actually made, Ligonier must receive your credit card donation by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on December 31, 2008 in order for the donation to be processed and qualify as a 2008 contribution. Make an instant donation through this link.
- find out if your employer sponsors a matching gift program. Many corporations will match the charitable contributions made by their employees. All that is usually required is completing and sending a simple form with your gift. Learn more about matching gifts here.
- as you review your long range financial goals, create a lasting heritage of faith by remembering Ligonier Ministries in your estate plans. Learn more about legacy gifts here.
All donations to Ligonier, no matter the size, are needed and greatly appreciated.
Giving is not just what we do for a tax advantage, it is an act of obedience that is foundational to what we believe and who we are in Christ. Help us advance His kingdom with your sacrificial year-end gift to Ligonier Ministries. For assistance with your gift planning, please contact John Petersen, Director of Development, by calling 407-333-4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.