A Time for Giving
Christmas is a time to reflect on God’s incomparable gift to mankind—the gift of His Son to be our Savior. In turn, we celebrate the season by giving gifts to family and friends who are dear to us. Year-end is also a time when many supporters make contributions to Ligonier and our various ministry outreaches. Know how grateful we are for those who sustain our mission through their prayers and financial support. You partner with us in proclaiming God’s holiness in all its fullness.
To close the gap on our budget, we need to raise $1,787,151 by December 31, 2009.
We want to help you make the most of giving opportunities this year-end:
- Cash gifts postmarked by December 31st can help reduce your 2009 federal income taxes. If you itemize, the higher your tax bracket the greater the savings for your charitable deductions. Donate Now
- Fulfill your commitment as a ministry partner in full to receive tax advantages in 2009 while gaining all the benefits of your partnership resources in 2010. Partner With Us
- Consider giving appreciated securities for additional tax savings. Donating stocks or mutual fund shares held for longer than one year means you won’t owe capital gains tax. Your charitable deduction is for the full value of the shares on the date they are received by Ligonier. Gifts of Securities
- A gift of proceeds from the sale of assets that have decreased in value can be advantageous when you combine the deductions for your loss with that of the charitable gift.
- If you are age 70½ or older, you may contribute up to $100,000 directly from your individual retirement account to Ligonier. These gifts are not subject to income tax as are regular distributions. Giving through Your IRA
- Stand with us in the Campaign for Ligonier Ministries. Your commitment to Here We Stand will held us establish Ligonier Academy of Biblical and Theological Studies and the beautiful campus that will soon be home to the college and international ministry headquarters. Here We Stand
- Gift items of value you own such as a vehicle, coins, jewelry, or artwork. Such donations may provide an attractive alternative to a cash gift.
- Increase the benefits you earn from using your credit card when you charge a gift to Ligonier. Credit card donations are deductible in the year in which the charge is actually made. Ligonier must receive your credit card donation by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on December 31, 2009 in order for the donation to be processed and qualify as a 2009 contribution. Donate Now
- Find out if your employer sponsors a matching gift program. Many corporations will match the charitable contributions made by their employees. All that is usually required is completing and mailing a simple form with your gift. Corporate Matching Gifts
- As you review your long range financial goals, create a legacy of faith by remembering Ligonier Ministries in your estate plans. Estate Planning
All donations to Ligonier, no matter the size, are needed for ministry outreach and are greatly appreciated.
Supporting God’s work on earth is His design for His people. He calls us to exercise wise biblical stewardship over the time, talent, and treasure He bestows. As you consider a year-end gift to Ligonier Ministries, know that we are humbled by and grateful for the confidence you place in us. For assistance with your gift planning, please contact our Director of Development at 407-333-4244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.