July 1-4, Boston, Mass.
This July 1-4, join families from across the nation in Boston, Massachusetts for the Reformation 500 Celebration
, hosted by Vision Forum Ministries. Rejoice as we remember the quincentenary of the birth of John Calvin and the 500-year tradition of the Reformers and martyrs whose courage transformed Western civilization. Come to study the far-reaching influence of the Reformation on the creation of freedom-loving nations, the building of a free market system of economics, and the freedom in Christ to follow the Lord — all a result of the rich heritage of the Reformation. Mark your calendars, don your costumes — plan your family vacation now — to secure your pass to this unforgettable event that will include more than forty dynamic history messages, as well as Faith &
Freedom mini-tours of historic Boston. The festivities will climax on America’s Independence Day with the world-renowned music and fireworks celebration on the Esplanade by the Charles River with the Boston Pops Orchestra.
July 5-9, Geneva, Switzerland
The Calvin Quincentenary is an international, interdenominational and interdisciplinary celebration of the life and work of John Calvin, the great reformer who left such an indelible impression on the modern world. The Anniversary Conferences include two international symposia; both to be held at sites in Geneva’s Old Town.
August 27-29, Grand Rapids, Mich.
Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary will be hosting a conference August 27-29 on the theme, “Calvin for the 21st Century.” Speakers will be addressing a variety of ways in which Calvin can assist us in understanding the Word of God, the love of God, the work of the Holy Spirit, redemption, reforming the church, ethics, the benefits of salvation, and reprobation.
Sept. 25-27, Minneapolis, Minn.
John Calvin saw the world as a theater where the glory of God is always on display. This conference will show how the vision of God that Calvin lived and taught is relevant in all our lives for the parts we play in God’s drama. Join Desiring God this September to worship Jesus Christ as we commemorate the 500th anniversary of John Calvin’s birth.
- The Reception of Calvin and His Theology in Reformed Orthodoxy | June 4-5, Dordrecht, Netherlands
- A Taste of Calvin | June 15-16, Orlando, Fla.
- Rediscovering Calvin Resources for Renewal Today | June 18-20, Toronto, Canada
- Calvin and Calvinism—European Perspectives | June 25-28, Mainz, Germany
- Reformed Communities on Calvin’s 500th Birthday | July 5-8, Prague, Czech Republic
- Calvin Colloque | July 7-12, Aix-en-Provence, France
- Calvin 09 Conference | Aug 30-Sept 2, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- After 500 Years: John Calvin for the Reformed Churches Today | Sept. 3-5, Grandville, Mich.
- Calvin and the Present-Day World | Sept. 24-25, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Calvin @ 500 | Oct. 5, Chambersburg, Penn.
- Cinquieme Centenaire de Jean Calvin (1509-2009) | Oct. 23-24, Montreal, Quebec
John Calvin: Preacher & Teacher
by Al Mohler (Watch
Calvin & the Christian Life
by Ligon Duncan (Watch
The Doctrines of Grace
by Sinclair Ferguson (Watch
The Legacy of John Calvin
by Steven Lawson (Watch
John Calvin Questions & Answers