Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, June 2011
The June edition of Tabletalk is out and it asks this question: How should Christians view and observe the Sabbath? This issue looks at four prominent views of the Sabbath and how it is applied to the Christian: seventh-day sabbatarian, Sunday sabbatarian, Baptist, and Lutheran. Contributors include R.C. Sproul, John Piper, Carl Trueman, Collin Hansen, Peter Hitchens, and R.C. Sproul Jr.
We do not post all of the feature articles or the daily devotionals from the issue, so you’ll have to subscribe to get those. But for now, here are links to a few select columns and articles from this month:
- “Keeping the Lord’s Day” by Burk Parsons
- “Defining the Debate” by R.C. Sproul
- “Whitewashing History?” by Carl Trueman
- “The Perils and Promise of Social Media” by Collin Hansen
- “Old Answers to the New Atheism: An Interview with Peter Hitchens”
- “The Rest of the Story” by R.C. Sproul Jr.
- “Caring for Our Families” by John Piper
If you have not subscribed yet, you should. It’s only $23 for a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). Special discounts for churches or businesses are available for those who want multiple copies of each issue. Start receiving Tabletalk by calling one of Ligonier Ministries’ resource consultants at 800-435-4343 (8am-8pm ET, Mon-Fri) or subscribe online.