Columns from Tabletalk Magazine, February 2012
The February edition of Tabletalk is out. This month’s issue examines what Jonathan Edwards called charity as described by the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 13:1–13. This passage rings familiar to many people on account of its frequent use (or misuse) in wedding ceremonies and other occasions demanding a proclamation of love. Yet the truth of Christian love as laid out in 1 Corinthians 13 reaches far beyond these settings. Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Joel Beeke, D.A. Carson, Michael Haykin, Joe Holland, Steven J. Lawson, Keith Mathison, Ray Ortlund, John R. Sittema, R.C. Sproul Jr., and Cal Thomas.
We do not post all of the feature articles or the daily devotionals from the issue, so you’ll have to subscribe to get those. But for now, here are links to a few select columns and articles from this month:
- True Love by Burk Parsons
- For Glory and Beauty by R.C. Sproul
- Love’s Shroud by Ray Ortlund
- Smart is Not a Fruit by R.C. Sproul Jr.
- Theology and Doxology by Michael Haykin
- Soft Hearts, Solid Spines by Joe Holland
- Repairing the Ruins: An Interview with Cal Thomas
- A Child’s (Mis)understanding by Keith Mathison
If you have not yet subscribed to Tabletalk, now is the perfect time. It’s only $23 for a year, and $20 to renew. You save even more if you get a 2- or 3-year subscription (as little as $1.36 per issue). We offer special discounts for churches or businesses who want multiple copies of each issue.